Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Oh What a Beautiful Morning Sent 11-9-2009

Hola family and Friends!

I woke up this morning to the beautiful tropical rain and I couldn’t believe it! In the five and a half months that I have been in my mission I have never seen the rain in the morning! It was so beautiful and it reminded me a lot of Utah! It even had a little chill to it and reminded me of a nice September morning in good ole Utah. But then the rain stopped and it shot back up into the 80’s. Oh what a blessing it is to be in paradise. I hope that you are all enjoying the beautiful weather in Utah! haha!

Anyways, thank you to all of you who wrote me this week. It was so great to hear from all of you. Grandma and Grandpa, thank you so much for the talk on the Book of Mormon. I learned so much. I read it as soon as I got it. This morning I have been telling the other missionaries about it and they thought it was so cool too. So yeah, thank you so much. You have no idea how much it means to me! Mom and dad, thank you for your letters. It was great to read the ward newsletter and to hear about the other missionaries and how they are doing.

OK, well this week was an all right week. We have had 6 baptismal dates drop on us during the last two weeks. That has been kind of hard and discouraging along with some other things that have happened these last few weeks. But that’s ok! Our mission president told Elder Blandon and I that our faith is being tried right now because we need to be able to grow and improve the work even more in the area. I really liked that and the more I have thought about it the more I know that to be true. We really do grow the most in our hardest times!

Anyways, even though we have been struggling to find investigators and good solid people to teach we have still been blessed to be a part of some awesome miracles. And I would love to share some of those with you guys in the short time that I have.

The first one was on Tuesday. Monday night Elder Blandon and I both had the very strong impression that we needed to visit Wilton and Myra in the morning. The problem is that they are in school during that time, but the impression was still there. So we knew that we had to go. We went at about 1 o' clock which is a lot earlier then we usually do. When we got there, the mom ran out to us and said I am so thankful you guys are here. I have been praying that you would come! Myra is really sick and I need your help. I’m not sure if I have ever told you this but Myra is diabetic and it is pretty bad. Anyways, on Tuesday she woke up and was having some problems. When they checked her blood sugar it was around 550. It had began to go down a bit but we told her mom that we could give her a priesthood blessing to help move the process along. It was so neat to be able to lay our hands upon her head and give her a priesthood blessing. I’m sure that a lot of you have had experiences like this but it was a really cool experience to see the way that the Lord works. I know that our Heavenly Father lives and he loves us. We are His children and He hears our prayers. I know that this is true with all of my heart!

Another miracle that we had this week was with some of our investigators that we have had for a while. We have had baptismal dates with them but this last week we couldn’t get a hold of them and we were really worried about what might have happened. Not that anything bad had happened to them physically, but if they had been shown some more of the crap that our other investigators had been given. Anyways, we prayed every single day that we would be able to at least communicate with them to find out what happened. Yet still, every single day we couldn’t find them. Finally on Friday we prayed before we left and then we walked straight to their apartment, and wouldn’t you know it, guess who was walking across the parking lot. We ran up to them and said hi and asked how things were doing. It turned out that everything was fine, they just couldn’t answer their phones and stuff. Anyways to make along story short, we were able to visit them on Saturday and things are going great. They weren’t able to come to church yesterday because of car issues and that is why their baptismal date fell through, but we are going to pass by later this week to set up another date and things are going to go great.

We were blessed with the opportunity to set another baptismal date with a lady named Rut. Rut has a strong desire to change her life and is going to need a little help, but that’s OK. The Lord is able to work with those who are humble and have desires to change. Anyways when we set the date it was cool because she checked her calender to make sure that her lip ring would be out by then so that she would be clean for her baptismal day. She is a great lady and I can’t wait to see where this one goes!

I want you all to know that I have a testimony of this work. I know that this is the work of the Lord and I am so thankful for the opportunity that He has given me to dedicate these few months of my life to serve Him. Jesus Christ lives and is our Savior and Redeemer. He knows our pains and our sorrows and He is there for us. He is always there for us. He is the one true friend I have in this life and I am so thankful for him.

I love you guys so much! It was good to hear that BYU won again. Hopefully they do well again this week! Thanks for all you do! I hope that everyone's tests and lives go well! Have a great week! I’m praying for you.

Go Cougars!

No comments:

Post a Comment