Tuesday, October 20, 2009

5 Months!!!!

Hola family and Friends

Thank you so much for your letters and your emails this week. It was so great to hear from all of you and I can't wait to hear from you again. It seems like I say the same thing every week to you guys but it is so true. The letters and the love that you send me really does mean the world to me so thank you.

It was great to hear that Trent is doing better and that grandma and grandpa are getting all moved into their new house! What an exciting time. I'm glad that you guys are all doing well.

Punky and Allen, good luck on your missions coming up. You guys are going to do great!

OK, well I don't have much time to write today. But that's OK because of the short week I don't have that much to write about so, yeah hope you enjoy the stories about another week in the life of Elder Oviatt.

Well this week was so good. We had transfer meeting this week and the transfer meeting went well. One of my best friends in the mission who is leaving in November, Elder Scheaffer, got transferred into our district. We are all really excited about that. I am happy to say that easily, hands down, we have the best district in the mission.

But the actual work this week went well. We found a new family this week and I am happy to announce that they are absolutely golden and that they are going to be our next two baptisms in the area of San Sebastian. We taught them the first lesson and they absolutely loved it. Their names are Alexi and Alexandra and they have a great family. Their problem with religion was that they both were going to separate churches. When they started to have a family they realized that this wouldn't be a good atmosphere in which to raise their children so they just stopped going to church altogether.

We taught them the first lesson and the fact that Jesus Christ has establish his gospel once again on the earth. Part of that restoration is restoring the truth that he established the church to seal and strengthen our families. That really touched their hearts and they loved it. They told us that they would be at church Sunday and sure enough, yesterday we had a new family in the church. But what was even more amazing was to see the way that the members reacted to this new family. Usually they are happy when we have a new investigator in the church but I have never seen them act the way that they did with this family.

The Elders Quorum president and the Relief Society president whisked the mom and dad off to class and the Primary president welcomed the little boy with open arms. It was so neat to see the little boy run into sacrament and RUN and sit by one of the primary teachers. The family had to go sit by him because he didn't want to sit by anyone else. I ended up sitting by myself on a lonesome row but I wouldn't have had it any other way. I know that the Lord wanted this family to be found. He needs them in His church because they need to be able to live together forever. I know that God loves us and wants the best for us in our lives. It is great to be able to see His hand in the work everyday. From being led to a house, to seeing Him change the attitudes of members of the church, His hand is in this work and I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to be a part of it.

In other big news, I got to buy a bike this week and what a screamin' deal! 60 bucks! I was pumped. The thing is that I bought it from a missionary who was going home because he got injured and every missionary who has used the bike has had to go home early because of medical problems. But I don't believe in curses and I know that I am going to be just fine.

We had a lesson on Saturday during our tracting time that was just amazing. I have had the opportunity time and time again to participate in lessons with people who have been looking for the truth and they know not where to find it. Often times I feel frustration for all of the confusion that there is in the world. I know that God's true church is here and He established it through the prophet Joseph Smith. It is a blessing to be able to testify of that everyday. But it is hard to testify of the truth and to see how confused people are. But that's what is so neat! Even though these people don't have the truth their loving Heavenly Father gives them the opportunity to hear it. We taught a young lady this week who had lost her mother and her marriage was struggling. She needed Christ's love in her life and she needed to know that families can be together forever. She loved the message that we shared with her and while she told us she wouldn't be able to come to church, she said that she was going to read the Book of Mormon because she needed to know if our message was true.

The fact is that Heavenly Father truly does love His children and He has provided a way for all of His children to be happy. I can't imagine living in heaven without my family. But to know that through the power and authority of Jesus Christ, our families have the opportunity to be saved and lived together forever is such a blessing. I know that God loves us and I know that through his son Jesus Christ, we can have the opportunity to live with Him and our families forever. I am so thankful for this opportunity to be here and as much as I miss you guys I wouldn't be anywhere else.

I love you so much! I hope that you all have fun at the party on Saturday! Cheer loud for me and Go Cougars!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment