Monday, June 28, 2010

Conference Was Incredible! I miss it already :(

Received April 6, 2010

Bon Dia!

Caitlyn and Ian! I didn't forget your birthdays. I just didn't realize they were so close! I hope the 2nd was a great day for you guys!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

OK . . .

Sorry that I am writing you on a Tuesday instead of a Monday. There is a funny story
behind it. We had our p-day yesterday as usual, and there was still a lot of work to be done cleaning and moving stuff out old missionary apartments (as there has been all week ICKY!). So we went over to do that in the morning. After we had done the moving and cleaning we wanted to we came to do email -- and absolutely everything was closed down. Curacao was dead. Apparently they have a big parade the day after Easter to celebrate! So yeah, that's why I am emailing you all today instead of yesterday.

By far the best part of last week was conference. We got to watch all of the sessions
because the church here has a satellite set up which is nice. For two of the sessions I watched in in Papiamentu because there were some investigators here with us. It was pretty interesting to watch conference that way. Conference was so incredible! Each and every speaker spoke about something that I needed to hear, something that I could use to grow closer to Christ. The Sunday morning session was absolutely incredible. It blew me away. When President Monson got to the end of the talk I just started to bawl like a baby. And then when the choir sang "He Is Risen" I just kept right on bawling and bawling. The investigators started to cry too. It was kind of a funny sight I am sure. The investigator and I are both like 6-3 and 200 pounds (big guys) and it was a funny sight to see us both bawling. But it is a testimony of how strong the spirit was during that session of conference.

Anyways this week has been absolutely crazy. On Tuesday we had to close one
apartment by moving stuff out and cleaning it. It was a hard day. All I wanted was to
be out teaching and I couldn't because of these menial chores! But it was a good
experience. I learned so much. All morning things were going wrong. I had to go to the bank 5 or 6 times because we had to jump through hoops to pay the rent, the morning was just going bad. I kept praying and I knew that eventually it would all work out. Every time I felt like giving up D&C 121 and 122 kept going through my head and I knew that this was something that needed to be done.

Towards the end of the day everything just worked out perfectly. We had to get a bed
out of the apartment and we did not have access to a truck large enough to move it. I
prayed for a miracle all weekend and it came at the last minute. A member said he could help us and the rest of the night went by without a problem. The apartment was closed and it was a huge load off of my shoulders.

That has been much of my week this week but it has also been a great week of teaching
and finding new people. We had a lot of investigators come to sacrament meeting and
they absolutely loved it. We had inherited a baptismal date, we had never taught her and there was still a little more to teach her. So went over Saturday in between conference sessions to finish up the lessons on the commandments. She kept asking what she needed to know to get baptized so we just kept going. She was so awesome. For some reason she didn't come to conference though, so the date has been changed to a later date. I was excited to have a "white birthday" but that's OK . . . maybe next year!

Oh and thanks to all of you who wished me a happy birthday. You have no idea how
much that means to me. I love you all!

Well I have to get going. I am sorry that there isn't more but I don't have a lot of time. We have appointments all day today with members and we have got to get going.

I can tell that this is going to be a very busy transfer and a great opportunity for me to learn a lot. But its also going to be a pretty stressful time so I want to thank you for all of your prayers and support. That support and love got me through this week as the Lord blessed me! Keep me in your prayers as I will keep you in mine! I love you all and have a great week!

The church is true! There is no doubt in my mind about that. How blessed we are to
have a living prophet on the earth along with 12 living apostles! As they said I want to add my testimony! Christ lives and He is the Savior of us all! How blessed we are to be members of His true church!

Have a great week you guys! Until next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment