Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ponce es Ponce, y los demas es parking

Buenas tardes,

Ponce is Ponce, and the rest is parking baby!

Hey family and friends! Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and your prayers this week. I know that your support was there behind me and I could feel every single one of those prayers. I love you all so much! I want you to know how much that support and love means to me. You are the fuel to my fire. Thanks for all you do! I love you all so much! Keep the prayers coming because they are going to be needed.

Like I said in the subject line of this email, right now I am no longer in Vega Baja Ahorrra. I am currently serving in the old capital of Puerto Rico, the city of Ponce. Yesterday I got transferred and the Lord sent me down to the south of the island to be with Elder Turner. He also gave me a new assignment to be a zone leader. As such the day has been a little hectic. We have been trying to coordinate the transfers and finish closing some apartments in the zone and also opening some new ones. But like I said, that love and support that you all have been giving me has really been helping me so keep it up.

I know that I am writing my email late and I am sorry about that. But we have honestly been running non-stop since about 11:00 am yesterday. And I have to admit that I stink and I haven't showered in two days (we got stuck in Bayamon last night . . . long story, but a good one). I am loving every second of it and to be honest, I am as happy as I was a few weeks ago! I am loving it!

Elder Turner is a great Elder and we are going to be able to get a lot of great work done here in Ponce! We are really excited to get going to work tonight. But I am sure you are all dying to know a little bit more about him. He's about as tall as I am, if not a little more. He reminds me almost exactly of Austin! (That stud - hay cuzz). Anyways, he played football for Weber State before his mission. So yeah, I think we are going to get along just fine :)

He was in the islands when I was serving down there so I have worked with him a little before. He is also from Utah and from what he has been telling me, he sounds like he has a great family too. Like I said, we are both pumped about the work and the assignments that we have been given. He is going to help me learn the ropes of this new assignment and I couldn't have asked for a better Elder to help me!

Oh yeah . . . the best part! Elder Blandon was supposed to go home today but he extended and is now serving here with us! It is great to be with him again. (hahah its crazy how the mission changes, but yet stays the same! I love it!)

Perhaps the greatest thing that I have learned these past few days is that the Lord loves us so much and he knows exactly what we need. My experiences in training Elder Martinez helped me to grow so much closer to the Lord and to learn how to rely so much more upon Him. I was so thankful for the blessing that he was in my life and for the things that I was able to learn. Now I'm moving on to learn some new lessons and to get completely lost in the work. This call could not have come at a better time and I am so excited for the challenges that lie ahead of us.

I know our Father lives and I know that He is just that -- our Father in Heaven. He is our perfect Father who loves and cares for each and every one of us with a love that is perfect and eternal. How grateful I am to be in His service and to be able to serve Him with all that I have.

I love you guys and I hope you have a great week. I will write more next week. Time is short and we need to get out to work!

Thanks for all you do.

Oh . . . this is my new address by the way! Ponce is a long ways from the mission office (about 2 1/2 hours) so its going to be a lot easier to send all the letters straight to my new apartment. It looks like we are going to be here for a while so memorize it!

Elder Oviatt
Urb. Villa Grillasca
Calle Modesto Rivera
Apt # 1751
Ponce, PR 00717


As always, if you don't want to send stuff here, you can send it to the mission office. We have meetings up there almost two times each month so I will still be able to get stuff there frequently!

Anywho,

Good luck with everything. I love you guys!

Your favorite Elder,

Elder Oviatt

No comments:

Post a Comment