Friday, September 3, 2010

Transfers - I had to close another apartment! :)

August 3, 2010

Good morning Family and friends,

We just got done with our 6:30 in the morning district meeting and now we are at the University in Bayamon using email while the car gets fixed. Its a busy preparation day but we are having a blast and we are loving every single minute of it. Anyways, I am sure that once again you are all surprised that I am writing to you on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. But it is once again time for transfers! I am sorry that I forgot to say something last week but I know that you will all forgive me. I know how exciting it is to hear from one another so I am sure that you are fine with it.

Anyways, I am sure that you are all wondering about transfer news, I will be staying in Vega Baja once again . . . YES!!!! I love the area and so I am more than happy to be here for a few more months. There is still so much work to be done so I am excited to keep up the work that we have been doing. Sadly Elder De Leon will be leaving. It has been a good learning transfer with him and I am sad to see him leaving so soon. But it is what the Lord wants and so it is what needs to be done. Anyways, that is why we are doing email on Tuesday. So far that is all the transfer information that I have for you guys up to now. I have a meeting in the mission office today at 4:00 and I am not really sure what it is for. I guess we can all let our imaginations flow about the purpose of the meeting, and maybe even make some wild guesses. I will let you know the purpose of the meeting next week.

Anyways, this week was an interesting week. We had preparation day on Tuesday, planning day on Thursday, moving day on Friday, and then a change-off Saturday and Sunday. So it went by really quickly. all of the different activities (moving and so on) meant we weren't able to have a lot of amazing experiences with our investigators because we were out doing other things. Anywho, the move went well. I felt like I was back in Curacao closing up apartments. We had to clean out the apartment and get it all perfect just so we could close the door and lock it and never see it again. hahah! But it was fun!

Anyways, our new apartment is right in the middle of the pueblo of Vega Baja. There is lots of noise and lots of fun. The apartment is not by the beach but it is right by the people and right by where we need to be, so I am really excited to see what this transfer has to offer.

We had a neat experience with Rafael on Saturday. We passed by to teach him the word of wisdom. As we talked about coffee, tears started to well up in his eyes. We asked him why he was starting to cry and he said that he had stopped drinking coffee 20 years ago and everyone had asked him why, but he could never remember why he did it. That is until he heard the doctrine of the word of wisdom again and then he knew exactly why. It was really neat to see the way that the spirit had touched him after all of these years. Even though he had forgotten, he he still knew that it was the truth and that it was a commandment from God and that he needed to live it.

After that we went to visit another investigator named Victor. We have been teaching Victor for a few weeks now. He works two jobs to support his family and so he works every single day. We talked to him about the importance of coming to church and we read with him from 1 Nephi that the Lord provides a way for us to live his commandments. He realized the importance of coming to church. He said that he was going to pray and talk to his boss to get some things worked out so that he could be at church. It was a really neat experience for us because the spirit was the one doing all the teaching. He read from the Book of Mormon. He heard our testimonies and the spirit touched him. Then he knew what he needed to do.

We had an investigator family that used to come to church every Sunday. This past week they showed up on Sunday out of the blue after like 4 months. We passed by them yesterday to share a message about the family and about how God has prepared a plan for us in the which our families can be together. We read the proclamation to the world and showed them a picture of the temple. As I looked into the fathers eyes I could see the spirit working in him. And I knew that he knew what we were telling him was true. My own testimony grew with that lesson. I am so thankful for the plan that God has prepared for our families. I know that we can live together forever and I know that this is what he wants for us. I am so thankful for my family. I love you guys so much! How blessed we are to know that our families can be together forever. That is a rock of my testimony . . . that through Christ and His atonement, our families can receive a prize such as that.

Anywho, I have to get going. I love you all so much. Keep me in your prayers! I think that this meeting today means that I will be training a new missionary! But keep that quiet because it is speculation and that is bad.

I love you all so much! With all my heart.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment