Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy New Year

January 4, 2010

This is the second email. Jonny took his companion to the airport and was allowed another email when he returned. This email gives more information about the possible move to a new area. We will find out more next week.

OK Dad, so we are back hahah! It was kind of cool to be able to talk to you like this! I love it! But anyways, so you probably have a lot of questions about my area.

To be honest I actually have no idea what is going on. This is what I know at this point . . . Last night the zone leaders called me and told me that I would be leaving my area. I was really sad. But what ended up happening is that we were going to move into the senior couple's apartment in San Nicholas, but the couple ended up staying. I know for sure that my new companion is going to be Elder Rogeman. As of right now we don't really know where we are going to be serving.

I would love to stay in my old area. When I found out about the change that would be coming I was a little ticked off. We had just been working for six weeks to build up this area, and now the rug was being pulled out from under me. All of those people I have come to love I would never get to see again. I was sad. But then I became mad at myself. This is the thing that the Lord needs to happen. To be honest I still don't know what's going to happen. But this experience has taught me one thing --
you do what the Lord wants you to do. I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't react that way at first.

But then again, that's why we have these experiences . . . right? hahah

Anyways, it sounds like BYU is doing great! I have to remind you real quick! You have to record the TCU vs. BSU game for me tonight (if they haven't already played). I heard it was tonight so if it is record it for me if you will! :) If not, I understand but that's OK.

Your Son Forever,
Elder Oviatt

ps - OH! If you ever get a chance to come down to Aruba for new years do so! It is soooooo incredible!

Until next week,
Elder Oviatt

No comments:

Post a Comment